Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Rice Cookers

I have recently purchased a new rice cooker.

 If you like brown rice, or WANT to like brown rice...you must purchase one.

I previously had a cheap rice cooker like the one to the left.

I thought it was fine. It cooked Japanese rice well.   I have always wanted a better rice cooker, but have never purchased one since the one I had worked ok.

With this type of cooker (removable lid)...I could never cook brown rice in it. The water would fly out of the lid and all over everything in a five-foot radius of the cooker. Not fun. Very starchy.  So, I would always cook brown rice in a pan.

My new rice cooker is a lot like the one to the right. I saw this one at Tuesday Morning for $30. Went home and googled it and saw it is normally $60. Decided I could not pass this up.

Fabulous discovery. This kind of rice cooker makes AMAZING brown rice. I highly highly highly recommend it. Wow. There is NO comparison. Wow Wow Wow. So good. I just made some very basic organic brown rice from the grocery store. Not Japanese rice. It is so good. I am in shock.

Ok...if you don't own a rice cooker, but you like rice...buying a rice cooker will change your life. It is so simple, and such a no brainer to make rice in a rice cooker. I don't know how to describe it...but...especially this kind of rice cooker - cooks rice sort of like a pressure cooker, I suppose. It's just so good.

No comments: